Monday, August 8, 2011

~~The Southern Hippie~~ Meet the Garrett Gang

Nice to meet y'all. I am Robin, the Southern Hippie. My southern roots are buried in Alabama but I reside in the Sunshine State. My family has been in Florida for 4 years and we love it!

HMMM, about me? Southern born and Southern raised. Hippie from way back . I am a foodie and believe whole heartily in food for healing and proper nourishment. I am a runner, cyclist and swimmer making me a NUT for doing anything like that in our heat ! I love being outdoors. Does anyone want to date me now? just kidding......I am happily married.


I am a homeschooling mother of 4 kiddos. My oldest is 15 (10th grade), almost 12 (8th), 11 (6th) and almost 6 (1st). And, boy does our life keep us moving and going all the time.


All four of my kiddos are completely different. My oldest, Delanie, is one of the most avid readers you will ever know. She always has her head in a book. Now, she does get the love of reading honestly. Both my husband and I can be found at night piled up somewhere reading. Delanie is a bubbly and positive girl. Her heart and soul is seen in all she does (can you tell she is right beside me telling me what to type?). She is as laid back as they come and a delight to be around!

And, our youngest daughter, Rosie. Well, her talents are she can run faster, talk more and sleep less than any of my other children thought about ! And, gets a gorgeous tan! A true miracle to Pat and I. We say if she had been #1 there would be no other Garrett children...nuf' said.


Then come our boys(they are in the middle of sibling sequence).

Jon Tyler is the child who can work as hard or sometimes harder than I can. He has no problem cutting grass, washing cars, rounding up cows, and working up a sweat! He is an avid baseball player and good in school!















And, then comes my Nathan. I wish every parent could have a child as him. I love the moments he has given me when I can look through his eyes at the world. My Nate has dyslexia and medical issues. Life with him has not been easy but has been the most rewarding part of my life!





You have met me and the kids . Now, I give you a chance to meet my main man! 21 years ago we were married. I married my cowboy! I am more in love with him today than all those years ago. He supports me and all I do(bless his heart), even if he has to grin and bear it! He goes by many titles in the Garrett Home but our favorite title for him (as we reap the benefits) is the Pizza Man! He makes the best homemade pizzas in the world. AND, the best gluten free pizza EVER!



What does a southern hippie bring to the blog? Not much in real value of schooling(just kidding again ) but a lot in living in the real world with challenges! And, A LOT in humor as my life pretty much resembles a funny farm.

Ya'll sit back and enjoy. Take your shoes off and pull up chair. Life with the Garrett Gang is never dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment